You need car accessories to make your travel interesting and comfortable, especially if you regularly drive over long distances. More and more people are taking their cars on business and pleasure trips because of the increase in airfares and the convenience of taking their own car. For this reason, there are many accessories that have hit the market. Some of them are practical and others are fun. However, some are better than others are.
1. You should consider buying car accessories that make the driving experience much more pleasant. These include back massagers, seat belt sheepskins, and cushions for the steering wheel. These accessories will reduce fatigue and they will make long drives easier. The driving experience can also be enhanced by refreshments. You can install a coffee cup warmer for hot coffee and a liquid cooler for cold drinks. If you keep refreshed, you will be awake throughout the journey.
2. For entertainment, invest in a DVD player. The player comes with screens that are fitted wherever you want them. However, you need the right adapters and converters.
3. The hottest entertainment gadget today is the iPod. This comes with several accessories such as an iPod holder and a converter.
4. Always travel with a first aid kit. This should not be an optional accessory because it might be the difference between life and death. Although it might not fit into the description of a hot accessory, always have a fully stocked kit.
5. Hand-free cell phone accessories are very important. A hand-free cell phone is a necessity because it will reduce the risk of accidents since you will be able to concentrate on the road even while talking on the phone and it is actually illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving in some states. There are many companies making this accessory to choose from. Accessories that go with this device include cell phone holders and charges.
6. A hot accessory for cars today is a customized license plate frame. Girls usually prefer decorative frames that match their style and taste and men are usually after much more macho looking license plate frames. You can have the frame customized to fit your specific tastes and requirements.
7. Car mats are a very hot accessory today. There is no reason a practical accessory cannot be cool. You can choose one that goes with the interior of your car and your personality. You can choose between different colors, styles, and textures.
8. You should consider buying portable games for your kids. These are travel size and they make the journey quicker and the noise levels low.
9. You should invest in a GPS unit. This system is particularly important when travelling to new towns or cities. The system will tell you where you are and you will get additional information such as a weather forecast and a traffic update.
10. You should consider buying a car starter. This goes for as little as 100 dollars, but it is a hot accessory that is also practical. If you buy one from a major retail chain, they will install if for you free of charge.
Tag-Archive for » Car Travel «
When it comes to traveling by car there are so many things that you can bring along to make your trip convenient and hassle free. Car accessories have become widely diverse in recent years. There are new items on the market all the time so check them out and see what may work for your trip.
1. A DVD player inside the car is one of the cheapest ways to have entertainment in your car while traveling. They work wonders for keeping the kids happy and quiet. You can buy portable DVD players that you can take anywhere or those that can be installed inside the vehicle.
2. Travel size coolers are perfect for bringing a snack and drinks in the car. It can help to eliminate the need to pull over as often for something to eat. It is also great for keeping kids happy in between stops. Bring along an assortment of bottled drinks and snacks that are healthier than prepackaged foods.
3. Some people have a very hard time sitting in the car for long periods of time. This can become overwhelming, especially if you have an injury of some kind. Find a good travel pillow that can be used for the neck or back to ease discomfort. This can be one of the best items you choose to bring along.
4. Portable games that are designed to be travel size can make the time pass much quicker. Children can play games together and even adults can find something to keep them busy. Sometimes all it takes is a mini game of checkers to keep the family entertained rather than bored.
5. Music is always a large part of time spent in the car. Bring along your mp3 player or iPod filled with songs. A docking kit for these items can make them easier to use by having them firmly held in a safe, easy to reach location near or on your dash.
6. Adapters are made for virtually every type of electronic component. From cell phones to laptops and iPods, you can get a car adapter so that you never run out of power. This can be especially important for those that rely on cell phone use.
7. A First Aid Kit is something that every driver should keep in their vehicle all the time, regardless of where they are going. Before leaving on a lengthy trip, ensure that it is fully stocked and not missing anything essential.
8. An in car organizer is perfect for keeping things organized. From DVD’s to books or games, you can store a wide array of things in them. Most of them hang on the back of the seat so that they do not get in the way or take up space.
9. If you have children, then bringing along some wet wipes may be one of the best travel decisions you make. Sticky hands or accidental spills can be a real pain without a way to clean it up.
10. A top carrier that is secured on the roof of the car is a great space saver. It eliminates the need to store additional things inside the car where it can easily become cramped.
If you find yourself behind the wheel of a car frequently to take trips for business or pleasure, chances are you could use a few accessories to make the miles fly by more smoothly. There are plenty of gadgets on the market that can lend more creature comforts, security and fun to road trips.
Some of the hottest items for car travel right now include:
GPS systems – These handy devices can help you stay on the right path no matter where you plan on traveling. Depending on the system purchased and the package that goes along with it, you can also find local landmarks simply by pushing a few buttons. Although they are considered accessories, GPS systems are fast becoming necessities for frequent travelers who want updated traffic information, restaurant and hotel locations and more.
Modular storage systems – These handy bags have three built in compartments for keeping travel accessories well organized. On family road trips, for example, they can be stocked with overnight accessories for mom, dad and the kids with each family member getting their own spot in a single storage bag.
Cigarette lighter coolers – These small coolers remove the need for ice by plugging into a car cigarette lighter. They are great for long road trips and are fairly easy to stow on the floorboard or in between seats for easy access.
Portable DVD players – This particular accessory can be a lifesaver if children are going along for the ride. Bring along a portable player and a stock of movies and young passengers can be kept occupied for hours.
Noise cancelling headsets – As long as you are not driving, these are great for providing some peace and quiet as the miles pass. Several companies make their own designs, but the basic concept is the same. These headsets are meant to cut out roadway noise so a little rest is possible to obtain.
CD organizers – Hitting the road without a few tunes ready to go can prove to be a nightmare for drivers and passengers. A travel CD organizer is a great way to make sure a good selection is always at the ready.
Car clothes rods – If dragging along dress clothes is a must, this handy accessory can take the worry out of hauling them. Just install the rod and hang clothes for a wrinkle-free ride.
Travel document holders – There are few things worse than getting pulled over in a strange city and not being able to find insurance cards and registration information. When a proper document holder is purchased, important papers can be kept together, making them much easier to find in a pinch.
Travel electric blanket – To keep backseat passengers warm and toasty, a cigarette lighter electric blanket can come in handy. Toss in a few pillows and nap time in transit can be much more enjoyable.
MP3 player adapters – If your vehicle does not work with your MP3 player, there are devices that can make your playlist broadcast over your vehicle radio. This is a great way to enjoy a nearly never ending stream of music without having to flip through CDs.
The right accessories can make road travel much more bearable. Consider your needs and chances are there is an accessory to fit the bill.